Building Tune-up Program
Maximize your facility’s energy performance with FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities Building Tune-up (BT) Program.
We provide a comprehensive mix of energy-saving measures for non-residential buildings of all types - commercial, industrial, government, institutional or nonprofit. Whether you need a simple tune-up of your HVAC system or real-time energy management analytics, our program has something for you.
Choose from a range of solutions.
Get up to 80% off installed equipment when you bundle different upgrades.*
- HVAC controls to optimize rooftop units and air handlers
- Variable frequency drives (VFD) for fans and pumps
- Refrigeration controls for evaporator fans and door heaters
- Lighting controls and optimization schemes
- Dual enthalpy economizers for HVAC
- Other complementary, program eligible energy-saving measures are available
*exact percentage will vary based on type and quantity of equipment installed.
Energy efficiency made easy!
From enrollment to incentive, we make it easy to find the best energy-efficient solutions for your facility.
Contact us to discuss your planned project.
Get connected with a Program Ally Contractor who can suggest eligible upgrades.
You work with a FirstEnergy Program Ally to complete the scope of work.
We work with Program Ally to verify project completion and incentive.
Save up-front with reduced project costs thanks to FirstEnergy incentives, and save long-term with reduced electricity use.
Stand-Alone Rebates for HVAC Tune-Ups
Servicing existing HVAC systems can improve their performance, extend their life, and reduce their energy consumption. In addition to servicing units as part of a larger Building Tune-Up project, FirstEnergy provides a stand-alone incentive for HVAC Tune-Ups.
- Earn $175 for every single compressor unit and $250 for double compressor units*.
- Incentives can be submitted for units serviced within the last 180 days.
- It is easy — no pre-approval necessary for new contractors or existing program allies.
- Simply submit your HVAC Tune-Up inventory and invoice here. We’ll handle the paperwork!
*Each HVAC unit is eligible for a HVAC tune-up once during the five (5) year program timeline ending May 31, 2026.
The BT Program is available for most non-residential facility types including commercial, institutional, industrial, and multifamily common areas. To qualify, participating projects should be in the territory of one of FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities.